Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions page. We have collected below answers to some of the most common questions we've had about AutoGenomics and hope they can be of help to you. If you have any further questions please Contact Us.
What is the core technology behind INFINITI System applications?
- We use high performance TSA (Target Signal Amplification) chemistry in endpoint PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) with fluorescence detection on a proprietary microarray surface.
What parts of the genetic testing process do the automated INFINITI and INFINITI PLUS System Analyzers actually do for you?
- The complete genetic testing process consists of sample collection, DNA extraction, DNA processing, DNA analysis, and data analysis. The automated INFINITI and INFINITI PLUS Analyzers automate the DNA processing, DNA analysis, and data analysis portions of the workflow, including all related sample handling and fluidics within a fully walkaway system. Visit our product page for the INFINITI System to learn more!
How fast are the INFINITI PLUS and the HTS?
- The INFINITI PLUS Analyzer can produce 192 test results in a single day*.
- The INFINITI HTS can produce up to 6,912 test results in a single day*.
*QUAD format assays allow processing of 4 discrete samples on the same BioFilmChip microarray.
What is the extent of multiplexing possible with the AutoGenomics microarray technology?
- Multiplexing in terms of discrete mutations detected is limited only by the number of "spots" available on the BioFilmChip microarray. The current highest density array available has over 300 spots, each of which is capable of detecting a singular genetic signature.
What's with the "spots" and "SPOT ON"?
- Our microarrays are spotted with discrete capture probes which enable the detection of various targets. That is where we get the term "SPOT ON": accuracy with spots!