INFINITI UroGen QUAD Assay
- The INFINITI UroGen QUAD Assay is CE Marked.
- The INFINITI UroGen QUAD is designed to detect three microorganisms:
- The INFINITI UroGen QUAD utilizes the UroGen QUAD Intellipac, UroGen QUAD Amp Mix and the UroGen QUAD BioFilmChip Microarray.
- The INFINITI UroGen QUAD Assay is automated by the INFINITI Analyzer.
- Ureaplasma urealyticum
- Mycoplasma genitalium
- Mycoplasma hominis
- Simultaneous multiplexed determination of three microorganisms
- Rapid turnaround time enhances workflow efficiency
- Load & Go automated on the INFINITI/INFINITI PLUS Analyzer.
- Replicate determinations on a single BioFilmChip Microarray ensures quality results.
Sample Type and Volume:
- Uses endocervical and cervical specimens.
- Requires 50 ng DNA / reaction
- Half of all non-gonococcal venereal diseases are caused by Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma.
- Ureaplasmas and Mycoplasmas are found in 70% of sexually active humans!
- These microorganisms cause 50% of all Non-Gonococcal Urethritis (NGU)
- They are often not detected in plate Culture & difficult to identify under microscope.
- They take a long time to grow & require complex media for isolation.
- These pathogens also exhibit differential antimicrobial susceptibility
- Simultaneous detection of multiple microorganisms associated with various sexually transmitted infections and vaginitis facilitates immediate treatment of patient.
- E.A. Freundt The classification of the pleuropneumonia group of organisms (Borrelomycetales) International Bulletin of Bacteriological Nomenclature and Taxonomy, 1955, 5, 67-78.] (See page 73)
- D.G. Edward, E.A. Freundt Proposal for Mollicutes as name of the class established for the order Mycoplasmatales Int J Syst Bacteriol 1967 17: 269-272.
- Ryan KJ, Ray CG (editors) (2004). Sherris Medical Microbiology (4th ed.). McGraw Hill. pp. 409–12. ISBN 0-8385-8529-9.
To obtain the IFU for this application, please Click Here.
For more product information please Contact Us.